tree63

last friday, a few of us headed down to SJ for the tree63 (no, it's not tree6tree, which i originally thought.:P) concert. the turn out was small and we got to enjoy the band up close. tree63 is a 3 person band from s. africa. the lead singer, john ellis, has a really high pitched voice. i was amazed at how high he could go! his voice was awesome. it wasn't the usual raspy deep voice i like. :P of course, blessed be your name was played but unfortunately not as good on the cd. my favorite song was i stand for you (the lyrics below). the concert was very moving. a few of the songs were also mixed w/ good ol' hymns (i love you lord, amazing grace).
afterwards, lori bought their cd, got it signed, and a picture with lead singer, john ellis wearing her very "cattY" hat! meeeOw! :)

I Stand For You
Jesus, I stand for you
No matter what you lead me through
They will chase me out
And close me down
But Jesus, I’ll stand for you
Chorus:
I'll always stand - I'll always stand
I'll always stand for you...
Jesus, I’ve stood my ground
When unbelief was all around
I have felt the sting
Rejection brings
But Jesus, I’ll still stand for you
I'll always stand...
A time will come
When everyone
Will turn their eyes
On the Risen Son
But until that day, this world will turn away
And so I take your hand - I’ll always stand for you
Guilty of disgrace
But you took my place
So Jesus, I’ll always stand for you
I'll always stand...
Written by John Ellis © 2004


3 Comments:
And you didn't invite me to go! How sad...:-(
re: email sent to FNL alias last wed.
yr busy friday nites anyways. :P
I *want* that cat-hat :P
Post a Comment
<< Home